Privacy issues and data protection are important to LINKUP Ltd.
Use of Personal Data
We will collect information and use it for the following purposes:
- when opening an Account and placing an order with us we need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address, credit or debit card number and the card's expiry date. We use this information to process and run your Account, for credit purposes, marketing, market research and analysis and to notify you of the status of the order.
- we ask you for your telephone number which enables us to contact you in the event of there being a problem or query with your order or Account.
- should you enter a competition or other promotional feature on our website we may ask you for your name, address and e-mail address in order that we may administer the competition and promotion as well as notifying the winners.
- we may disclose your information to other parties for the purposes of processing and fulfilling your order.
- we may also use the information that we collect from you to notify you from time to time about functionality changes to our website, the service that we provide and details of special or promotional offers.
We have taken every precaution to create a secure environment to protect personal information supplied by you when making an order or opening an Account. When an order is placed, or Account opened we offer the use of a secure service. We have adopted the industry standard encryption methods in that the secure service software (SSL) encrypts all information input before it is sent to us. To comply with the law, we have implemented security procedures in relation to the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us for the purpose of preventing unauthorised access. For security reasons and to protect your right to privacy we may occasionally request proof of identity from you before disclosing any sensitive information to you or accepting any order from you.
Cookies are pieces of information that websites transfer to your computer hard drive that we use to enable our website to provide features such as automatic login, personalised greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Basket. Cookies can be turned off in your browser or you can be notified when you receive a cookie, so you choose whether to accept it. The Help menu of your browser should contain information on how to do this. Changing these settings may mean that you will not be able to take advantage of some of the advanced features on the site. If you wish to remove cookies after a visit to the site, perhaps because you are using a shared computer, you can clear the cookies by clicking on the sign out link.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information (data) to others. We may in the future with trustworthy third parties. If you do not wish us to do so please advise us by e-mail to email@example.com. We may provide statistics or analytical records about our customers, sales, traffic patterns to reputable third-party vendors but this information will not include personally identifying information on you.
We employ third parties and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. For example, a courier delivering your goods, analysis of data, marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and a customer services department. These companies and individuals who have access to personal information are not permitted to use this information for any other purposes and are required to process such data in accordance with the law.
Transfer of Data
Access to Information
You may obtain details of the personal information we hold on you by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Data Protection Officer will respond within a month.
Consent and Data Protection
You can opt out of e-mail updates by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com requesting that you be removed from our updates list.